Promote safe sleeping for your infant by putting the crib in your room, not the baby in your bed.
Some caregivers may believe that bed sharing will reduce the risk of Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS) commonly referred to as crib death. This is simply not true. Research shows that the risk of SIDS is higher if someone is sharing a bed with an infant. The risk increases if that person is a smoker, very tired, or under the influence of drugs or alcohol.
Teach and Learn with your Child
Under the umbrella of the Best Start Network, we have been working as community partners to create a program to support young parents to connect with a one-stop-shopping opportunity to enrich their positive parenting, to stimulate school readiness with their children, and to have an opportunity to re-engage in their own education to boost their chances of success in the future. Our pilot started once per week at the beginning of October 2013, and is set to end on March 19th, 2014.
By celebrating success, we create a culture of success!
Recognition is key to creating an environment of care in our Agency. It is one way for us to say to our employees “Thank You, We Noticed”. In 2012, we asked our employees what was important for them to be recognized for and how they wanted to be recognized. More than 100 employees participated in a survey and then close to 30 employees attended focus groups. We took their input and developed an informal recognition program which we launched in June 2012.
Community works together to support parents
Parenting is both challenging and rewarding. Because your child didn’t come with an instruction manual, community agencies in SDG and Prescott Russell, including the Children’s Aid Society of SDG, have come together to make Triple P- Positive Parenting Program accessible to every parent.
- The Holidays are over! Now what?
- Your teenager's emotional behavior
- An Adoptee's Perspective: 10 Things Adoptive Parents Should Know
- Kids and Youth Dinner of the Arts Finale at Vieux Duluth Restaurant - October 29th
- Community Dress Purple Day across SDG and Eastern ON - October 18th
- Child Abuse Prevention Launch at Lamoureux Park - September 28th
- Kids & youth dinner of the arts fundraiser
- Community dress purple day
- Let Triple P help you become the parent you want to be
- Family Finding: Creating Life−Long Connections
- Family Violence
- Reaching for the Moon
- By celebrating success, we create a culture of success!
- Parenting a teenager!
- New technologies and your Youth.
- Happy New Year!
- How can you be a positive parent?
- Children learn what they live
- December 2012 – The Gift of a Caring Community to Eradicate Family and Child Poverty
- October’s child abuse prevention campaign conclusion!
- November is Adoption Month!
- Child Abuse Prevention Campaign - Event Final 2012
- Child Abuse Prevention Campaign - Dress Purple Day 2012
- Child Abuse Prevention Campaign - Calendar 2012
- Child Abuse Prevention Campaign - Sponsors 2012
- Child Abuse Prevention Campaign Launch Poster 2012
- Child Abuse Prevention Campaign Launch Day Schedule 2012
- CAS in the media
- Read these beautiful Quotes and Poem about Kinship
- August is Kinship Awareness Month
- You can make a difference!
- Read to me... please!
- The 2nd Annual Children's Aid Society Kid's Camp Golf Tournament
- Building assets for better outcomes
- The 2nd annual children's aid society kids camp golf tournament
- Kids's summer camp!
- Safe sleeping
- Share your room with your infant, not your bed!
- Fire safety and prevention
- Life Happens. Let Us Help.
- Swimming pool safety