Reaching for the Moon
Send a kid to camp!
June 22, 2013 at 11 am
Glengarry Golf & Country Club
Help us send community kids of SD&G to camp this summer. The moon is within their reach but we need YOUR help! Participate in our 3rd annual Kids Camp Golf Tournament.
You will receive a different surprise at every golf hole, and be eligible to win prizes like a brand new 2013 Volkswagen Jetta, a laptop computer, diamond jewellery, and much more. Finish off the day with a great steak dinner in the company of friends and the satisfaction of knowing that your contribution will have a child reaching for a moon full of possibilities.
Register your team today! by calling Robert Wright at 613-937-7467
Promote safe sleeping for your infant by putting the crib in your room, not the baby in your bed.
Some caregivers may believe that bed sharing will reduce the risk of Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS) commonly referred to as crib death. This is simply not true. Research shows that the risk of SIDS is higher if someone is sharing a bed with an infant. The risk increases if that person is a smoker, very tired, or under the influence of drugs or alcohol.
By celebrating success, we create a culture of success!
Recognition is key to creating an environment of care in our Agency. It is one way for us to say to our employees “Thank You, We Noticed”. Last year we asked our employees what was important for them to be recognized for and how they wanted to be recognized. More than 100 employees participated in a survey and then close to 30 employees attended focus groups. We took their input and developed an informal recognition program which we launched last June.
Parenting a teenager!
Parenting a teenager can present itself with numerous difficulties for parents. They often present with unexpected challenges that often have parents thinking on their “feet”. We must remember that teenagers are trying to figure out who they are and where they fit into this world that we all live in. Often times, their peer group becomes their most powerful influence. Remember, individuals can choose their friends but cannot choose their family. The most effective parenting skills are proactive, responsive and flexible.
- New technologies and your Youth.
- Happy New Year!
- How can you be a positive parent?
- Children learn what they live
- December 2012 – The Gift of a Caring Community to Eradicate Family and Child Poverty
- October’s child abuse prevention campaign conclusion!
- November is Adoption Month!
- Child Abuse Prevention Campaign - Event Final
- Child Abuse Prevention Campaign - Calendar
- Child Abuse Prevention Campaign - Sponsors
- Child Abuse Prevention Campaign - Dress Purple Day
- Child Abuse Prevention Campaign Launch Poster
- Child Abuse Prevention Campaign Launch Day Schedule
- CAS in the media
- Read these beautiful Quotes and Poem about Kinship
- August is Kinship Awareness Month
- You can make a difference!
- Read to me... please!
- The 2nd Annual Children's Aid Society Kid's Camp Golf Tournament
- The 2nd annual children's aid society kids camp golf tournament
- Kids's summer camp!
- Building assets for better outcomes
- Safe sleeping
- Share your room with your infant, not your bed!
- Fire safety and prevention
- Swimming pool safety
- Life Happens. Let Us Help.