Your teenager's emotional behavior
Does your teenager become emotional and you do not know how to deal with it? Teenagers can escalate quite quickly when things are out of their control occur. Some of the emotions they feel are: anger, fear or sadness. Sometimes parents do not need to intervene when this happens. However, other times parents need to address their teenagers’ emotional behaviors. Look at this as a teaching moment between you and your teenager. Your teenager needs to learn to cope with disappointment and frustration that are part of life. How can you help your teenager when he/she is upset? The best approach to helping your teen is as follows:
An Adoptee's Perspective: 10 Things Adoptive Parents Should Know
Christina Romo is an adoptee who was adopted from South Korea at age two. She workd for NACAC and lives in Minnesota with her husband and their two sons. This piece was originally posted on her blog, Diary of a Not-So-Angry Asian Adoptee (http://diaryofanotsoangryasianadoptee.wordpress.com) .
Kids and Youth Dinner of the Arts Finale at Vieux Duluth Restaurant - October 29th
Served over 600 FREE meals with 100% of all proceeds from this event going to the Kids Camp fund to send community kids to camp this summer.
A total of $11 111.85 was raised to send community kids to camp this summer.
Community Dress Purple Day across SDG and Eastern ON - October 18th
A total of 131 professional groups and 56 schools participated across the SDG Community Dress Purple Day, along with 9 communities across Eastern Ontario.
A total of 1300 shirts ordered and 1267 sold during the campaign. All proceeds raised from the shirt sales go directly to the Kid’s Camp Fund to send community kids to camp this summer.
Click the link below to see the video
- Child Abuse Prevention Launch at Lamoureux Park - September 28th
- Kids & youth dinner of the arts fundraiser
- Community dress purple day
- Let Triple P help you become the parent you want to be
- Family Finding: Creating Life−Long Connections
- Family Violence
- Reaching for the Moon
- Promote safe sleeping for your infant by putting the crib in your room, not the baby in your bed.
- By celebrating success, we create a culture of success!
- Parenting a teenager!
- New technologies and your Youth.
- Happy New Year!
- How can you be a positive parent?
- Children learn what they live
- December 2012 – The Gift of a Caring Community to Eradicate Family and Child Poverty
- October’s child abuse prevention campaign conclusion!
- November is Adoption Month!
- Child Abuse Prevention Campaign - Event Final 2012
- Child Abuse Prevention Campaign - Dress Purple Day 2012
- Child Abuse Prevention Campaign - Calendar 2012
- Child Abuse Prevention Campaign - Sponsors 2012
- Child Abuse Prevention Campaign Launch Poster 2012
- Child Abuse Prevention Campaign Launch Day Schedule 2012
- CAS in the media
- Read these beautiful Quotes and Poem about Kinship
- August is Kinship Awareness Month
- You can make a difference!
- Read to me... please!
- The 2nd Annual Children's Aid Society Kid's Camp Golf Tournament
- Building assets for better outcomes
- The 2nd annual children's aid society kids camp golf tournament
- Kids's summer camp!
- Safe sleeping
- Share your room with your infant, not your bed!
- Fire safety and prevention
- Life Happens. Let Us Help.
- Swimming pool safety